Sunday, May 9, 2010

Guest Bedroom Makeover- All Americana

I have been wanting to upgrade my guest bedroom for months. It was really the hand-me-down room with our old bed, old bedding and random decor I didn't want in other parts of the house. Not anymore! I sold our old bed, nightstands and bedding on Craigslist and used the money to make some changes!
I purchased the headboard online and spray painted it in red! The stars were in my extra decor bin. The bedding was on super clearance at JC Penney. I love their American Living line! Most of these items were in the room originally, but now they seem to pop more. I did spray paint my quilt stand red. I really wanted an ornate rod iron stand, but haven't found exactly what I want. Two of these quilts were made by my husband's grandmother and the other one was a wedding gift from my mother.
I also threw in some matching picture frames from around the house and filled them with my sweet girls' photos.
One fun final addition, my stool growing up. Abby already loves using it to climb onto "Nana's" bed.

I hope you've enjoyed your stay at the Birdie Inn! :)