Sunday, October 16, 2011

WonderFALL Season

I think I love decorating for fall more than Christmas? It is the start of the collective holidays and stays up a little longer than the rush of Christmas. My front porch got a little extra treatment this year- I wanted it to be more festive than just my new wreath.
My porch is long and skinny, so I just decorated the existing bench with pumpkins, a pillow and garland. I also added this Spooky sign. It doesn't stop anyone from ringing the doorbell during naptime, but does make me smile.
I found this Fall bucket list online and printed it out. I won't be doing everything on this list, but it does remind me of all that is wonderFALL about the season.
It is displayed on my red entry table with garland, acorns, pictures and my huge ivy!
My formal dining room isn't used much, so I always try to make it look pretty. A big empty room open to the family room isn't ideal. ;) I tried to bring some red into the golden hues this year to match my red walls- the crabapples in the yellow urn with cinnamon sticks and a vanilla candle were the perfect touch.
My kitchen has the leftovers- every time I decorate someone gets the leftover hodge-podge mix of seasonal stuff in the bottom of the rubbermaid tub. I'm happy with the randomness.
I can't imagine living without a mantle. I love to decorate mine! I used my handmade Ragamuffin garland that I still love! It is my most favorite thing to pull out of storage each year. I really should make an everyday one!
I hope your fall is wonderFALL also!