Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Christmas Survey

I love these fun Q&A's, like this one I found on my friend Erica's blog. In case you are blog surfing on Christmas Eve, here is my Christmas survey!


Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper- I use less than 5 bags per year for those odd shaped gifts. I love the presentation of a box with a bow.

Real tree or artificial?

Artificial- I can't imagine spending money to buy a tree every year. I also really like my tree pre-lit and Mother Nature doesn't do that!


When do you put up the decoration and tree?
It is normally done Thanksgiving weekend and I take it down before New Year's Eve. After Christmas, I just want my house back in order. This year we are doing our second family Christmas on 12/29, so I'll likely take it down the next day.

Do you have a nativity scene?

We have an inexpensive wooden one and the Little People one for Abby.


Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? 
Hot Chocolate, salted caramel made with whole milk if I have my choice.


Colored lights on tree or white?
All white.


What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? 
We have had crabbies the past few years and I love them!


What is your favorite Holiday Dessert or snack?
Monkey bread, Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes and Peppermint Snowballs


Favorite Holiday memory (or gift) as a child?
Having to come down the stairs and act surprised by our gifts after my Mom/Dad forgot to get the camera out the first time!


When and how did you learn the truth about Santa
I don't know?


Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, we open gifts from each other on Christmas Eve including new Christmas jammies. I read elsewhere about someone opening Christmas jammies on Thanksgiving night and I really like that idea better. We save Santa and stockings for Christmas morning.


How do you decorate your Christmas tree? 
With lots of soft wool and warm decor- mittens, sweaters, etc. See here for more details.


What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Making sure my family and most importantly my daughter knows it is about so much more than the presents. 


What is your favorite tradition?
My Christmas charm bracelet filled with one charm each year from my husband.

Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving? 

I love finding the perfect gift for someone, but I also love receiving!


What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Baby It's Cold Outside

Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?

I like them, especially spearmint ones!


Hardest person to buy for?
My Dad and my Mother-in-Law


Easiest person to buy for?
Marcus and Abby Lu

Mail or email Christmas cards?

Mail photo cards

Favorite Christmas Movie/Show?

I don't watch any holiday shows?

When do you start shopping for Christmas?

I shop year round, but really focus on it in late October


Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I have shared something with someone who would love it/use it more :)


Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We are normally home, or don't travel far or overnight.


Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
Only if I sing the song "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"


Angel on the tree top or a star?
I have a big Santa on top of my tree.


Most annoying thing about this time of year?
All of the people, the traffic and the lines! Where are they the other 11 months?


Does Santa leave the gifts wrapped or unwrapped?
Unwrapped


Do you leave goodies for Santa on Christmas Eve?
Yes, cookies and milk of course.


Merry Christmas!