Monday, July 9, 2012

Abby's New Canvas

When I saw this canvas on Shannon's blog, I wanted to make one with Abby Lu. So, we grabbed a new canvas on our next trip to Hobby Lobby! I had lots of random stickers from my paper scrapbooking days. I put the stickers on the canvas, gave Abby two Ceramcoat paints to match her room and let her go to town!


Unfortunately, the strength and excitement of a 3 year old beat out the sticking ability of year old stickers and we ended up with a mess! Once I removed the stickers, I had part of words, missing letters, you name it!


So, I gave her a second round and let her paint over the white that remained when I peeled off the stickers. And, then I splurged (hehe!) and spent $3 on new stickers. I wish I had bought them in the first place!


We ended up with a great piece of art that she is so proud of! I sing this song to her and she calls it Momma's song. It just made sense to add it to her room.


Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Pin It button on image hover