Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall 2012 Decor

My house is now adorned with my favorite pumpkins, spice candles and all things fall! I will add in a few spooky things next week and then a few turkeys next month, but for now, we are celebrating autumn!

Here is my front porch. I bought the new welcome mat at Target this year, but all other items are just recycled from past years or other parts of the house. I made the wreath last year and blogged the directions here. I plan to add this wreath just as soon as I get it made.

I love my big pot of fake flowers and my little hi sign. This sign is wonderful on the porch!


I did a smattering of pumpkins throughout the house- a couple of pumpkins and acorns on each table.


I really changed my mantle up this year thanks to a simple Pinterest find and a gift card to Michael's that I hadn't used. You can see the difference compared to last year here and my ragamuffin garland how to is here. I bought all of the "interesting" pumpkins at Michael's this year. They have such a great collection of metallics and gourds.


I love having a formal dining room, just for decorating! I added some garland to my chandelier and some cranberries and pine cones to the candles in my dough bowl. Finally, my table is finished off with a fall inspired runner from Pottery Barn, circa 2007.


 The buffet in the dining room has twigs, pumpkins, acorns, my favorite Be Thankful Yankee candle (discontinued last year!), a cornucopia, and my daughter's hand print turkey from 2010.

It may still be warm outside, but it is fall on the inside at my house!

Wanna get more fall ideas, click here for more autumn inspired decor, crafts and recipes. I love fall and share lots of fall on the blog!

If you are visiting from the fall parties, welcome to Your Little Birdie! This blog is for chickadees who like to craft, cook, organize and entertain. You can follow along on Facebook here