Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas 2012: Festive Vignettes

In keeping with my theme of doing my decorations differently this year (so they seem new and fresh without me buying more!), I decided to set up a couple of vignettes as opposed to placing a few pieces all over the house. I really like the impact my Santa vignette has in the entry way of our home.


Most of these Santa's are not new- I have collected them from local boutiques, gifts from friends, and my favorite holiday stores, Hobby Lobby, Stein Mart, and Home Goods.


This is a new Santa- he is over 3 feet tall and I found him at Home Goods. My husband loves that he folds flat for storing in the garage.


My BELIEVE banner seems fitting for the Santa display. I found it on etsy. Although, with a little twine, burlap and glitter letters you could make one easily.


In my dining room, I set up a more modern and colorful display of presents, balls and Christmas trees. My daughter's 4th birthday party is this weekend and the kids will be doing Christmas crafts in here. I wanted the space to be kid friendly and colorful. I'll be sharing party posts later this month- be sure to check back or follow Your Little Birdie on Facebook for updates!

I wrapped two pieces of  canvas art I already owned with wrapping paper and tulle. You'll also see the canvases of my daughter to the right of the archway... those have been replaced with a fun printable project from Pinterest I shared here


My blue dough bowl from Fredericksburg this summer is filled with blue, green and silver ornaments. I placed three polka dot placemats below it to create a small runner.


On the opposite wall is a really crooked present... sorry about that! Bad camera angle!

I wrapped my American Flag art in aqua paper and hung a bright green wreath on top. It made the perfect backdrop for my funky tree collection. I love these trees and really struggled with placing something so modern in my home when my Christmas is really more classic and cozy. I love this all together now!


 The center tree is made from styrofoam and my daughter and I covered it in peppermint candies and ribbon. I don't think it'll last until next year, but am loving it this year!


This wreath and the matching green trees are from Target last year. The others are from Hobby Lobby in past years.



In my living room, I set up another small vignette on my antique Singer sewing table. It includes our wooden nativity and a little reminder about Christmas that I smile each time I see. The holidays are about so much more than we focus on... LOVE came down at Christmas time.


Finally, at the front of my house, you'll find my copper wise men, a 50% off find on December 26th last year and a few additional wooden decorations. 



To see more of our home this year and in past years, click here! It is all Christmas!

I linked up here, go see more houses!