Monday, February 18, 2013

Check that off the Bucket List

My dear sweet husband read my blog and noticed that my bucket list is on the blog. He looked it over and decided we could check "know the books of the Bible in order" off that list. Our daughter is at church on Wednesday nights for an hour and a half, so we have spent each Wednesday night this year together learning 5-10 books per week. And, we are done! We both know all 66 books of the Bible in order. As a side note, we quiz each other almost daily while doing this and our 4 year old can name 14 books. I couldn't name 14 books at 34!

Here is my reciting of the books along with a few funny faces I didn't know I make!


If this is something you want to do, I have a few words of advice:

It is not nearly as hard as I had imagined. Take a few books each week and do it. You'll be amazed how quickly you can learn them.

Spend $1.99 on Granny's Bible Dojo on your iPhone. It is a fun kids game designed to help you learn the books of the Bible. It works!

Do it- I am so much more confident when my pastor asks us to turn to X book now. I know where it is! It has given me so much more delight in finding scripture, following along in studies, and being aware of my Bible more. I always felt a little shame in looking at the Table of Contents.

 Hooray for my husband for prompting me to get this done! He asked what was next... I recommended he arrange a meeting with Tim Tebow. hehe!