Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Annie Sloan Mirror Update

I had just a little orange paint left over from doing my photo prop chair and decided the pink mirror in Abby's bathroom would be the perfect project! 

When I first painted this mirror, she had a different shower curtain from the one pictured below. It has never really matched, but was always close enough. So, this past weekend, I pulled the pink mirror down and painted it orange to match.


I used a mixture of three Annie Sloan chalk paints- Barcelona Orange, Cream, and Emperor's Silk (red). I just mixed them up in a red Solo cup until I had what I wanted. Most of the paint was already mixed up and leftover from the chair. I went inside the scrolly section with a little bit of dark wax to give that section a little more depth and bring out the detail.


Ta-Da! I now have a orange mirror to match her Amy Butler shower curtain.


The colors in this curtain are awesome! You can see how the pink worked fine, but the orange is much better! I gave Abby the choice of orange, green or blue for her mirror. I'm glad she picked orange!


I love upgrading basic builder mirrors. It makes such an impact! See my master bath mirrors here or more Annie Sloan projects here

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Pin It button on image hover