Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Annie Sloan Mirror Update

I had just a little orange paint left over from doing my photo prop chair and decided the pink mirror in Abby's bathroom would be the perfect project! 

When I first painted this mirror, she had a different shower curtain from the one pictured below. It has never really matched, but was always close enough. So, this past weekend, I pulled the pink mirror down and painted it orange to match.


I used a mixture of three Annie Sloan chalk paints- Barcelona Orange, Cream, and Emperor's Silk (red). I just mixed them up in a red Solo cup until I had what I wanted. Most of the paint was already mixed up and leftover from the chair. I went inside the scrolly section with a little bit of dark wax to give that section a little more depth and bring out the detail.


Ta-Da! I now have a orange mirror to match her Amy Butler shower curtain.


The colors in this curtain are awesome! You can see how the pink worked fine, but the orange is much better! I gave Abby the choice of orange, green or blue for her mirror. I'm glad she picked orange!


I love upgrading basic builder mirrors. It makes such an impact! See my master bath mirrors here or more Annie Sloan projects here