Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Provence Blue Bulletin Board Project

I recently decided to paint the giant bulletin board in my office a lighter color. I have so much black in there that it needed a little more fun, so I bought Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Provence Blue. It is a little brighter than Duck Egg Blue and was a great match for my chevron lamp shade.

Here is the black chalkboard. I bought it at Ballard Designs many years ago. It has been in 2 houses and is always full of pictures, little crafts from Abby, quotes, and awards. I love having a bulletin board in my office.


I taped off the bulletin board and used copy paper to cover it all up. 


Provence is a beautiful color- the perfect bright light blue.


After three coats on the bulletin board frame, I needed to bring out some of the chunky wood frame details. So, instead of sanding and using dark wax, I used Baroque Art paste. I purchased this at the store with my Annie Sloan paint. 


I am not sure why this is called German Silver, but after opening up all of the little tubs, this one was the best match of old gold for me. It was super simple to use. I rubbed it on after the paint was dry and the clear wax had sealed my paint in. 


I lightly sanded a few spots here and there and then rubbed the gold wax on top. I tried to be random which is so hard for me!


The finished product is exactly what I was hoping for!


After having fun with this bulletin board, I decided to do another one in our house in Antibes green! Stay tuned for that!