Monday, February 3, 2014

#annaisgrateful- Week Four

This is part of my daily #annaisgrateful posts on Instagram. You can follow me here

I am grateful for grace. Gods grace, and grace from the people I share life with. I am also grateful that I am taking the time to learn to give it better... to others and to myself.


So grateful I found this Lisa Leonard bookmark. I had lots it in my purse and was super sad! This bookmark sits inside my Chronological Bible and Phillipians 4:8 says this: 

Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse.


I had a little cold or allergies this week and splurged on a Chick-fil-A milkshake. I was oh so grateful for that cold drink on my scratchy throat.


I am in Community Bible study on Thursday mornings and the kids program is just amazing! I am so grateful I found CBS before Abby was in school. She made a John the Baptist puppet last week.


I was super grateful Velveeta's rumored shortage didn't happen. Didn't you have queso for the Super Bowl, too?


I am grateful that I am still an event planner. I worked full time until my daughter was 2 1/2 and now do event planning at home during nap time, bath time, bed time, you name it. It is a big part of who I am and have always seen myself as, so I know I'd miss it terribly.


I am grateful my team made it to the Super Bowl. They didn't win and I can't say they played their best, but it was fun to watch my team on the big day.


Finally, Abby and I made these cupcakes this afternoon and she called it the best day ever. I'm grateful I looked past the things I needed to get done and the mess sorting 6 cups of batter made and did it for her. 


One month into my #annaisgrateful challenge and I am already looking at my days differently. I'm always searching for things to be grateful for and learning to appreciate the many things in my life that I've overlooked. The goal is to appreciate what I have and where I am and therefore focus less on what I want or where I want to be.