Thursday, February 27, 2014

Family Recipe Chicken & Spaghetti

My Dad is the youngest of eight and his family has some pretty amazing cooks. Luckily, their church did a cookbook each year and I have "family" favorites all in one book. This recipe has been eaten in my family for years. It comes from my cousin Mary and it one of the first things I made for my husband when we were newly married. Enjoy it!


Mary's Chicken & Spaghetti
from Country Community Church cookbook

3 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
chicken broth
1 can cream of whatever soup (I prefer chicken, but you can do mushroom)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 package spaghetti
1 can diced tomatoes
1 medium bell pepper, chopped

Boil spaghetti in a mix of chicken broth and water. The ratio isn't super important. I typically do a carton of broth and fill the rest with water.

Saute pepper, onion and celery until soft. Add in soup and tomatoes.

Once spaghetti is fully cooked, add in chicken and soup/peppers mix and simmer until it thickens.

Easy and delicious, especially on a COLD day!