Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fall Decor: Bathrooms

The majority of my fall decor goes in the main living areas; however, I try to save a couple of things for the bathrooms. I think it is an unexpected place to find decor, so I love to put something special inside there.
Our powder room has very little decor space. But, you can easily change up the towel to a fall color and switch around the handsoap to match the season. I also added a wooden acorn to the pedastal sink and placed a large pumpkin on the floor under the sink. Just a little pop of orange!In my daughter's bathroom I added a witch's candle behind the toilet. I love this candle. It was left by an employee at my old office and I took it in the office clean up. I don't burn it because I want to make sure it lasts a long time. The big hat is the candles lid and the boots are a detachable base.
This tin pumpkin was purchased at Round Top Trade Days in October of 2007. He was a pain to carry around the trade days, but I'm glad he made it home with me. I placed him on a cake pedastal to raise him up and make room for the q-tips and cotton balls. These are placed in small ice cream bowls in falls colors. I tied a spare piece of fabric from my Ragamuffin Garland on the pedastal stem.

Tomorrow, we'll look at kitchen and dining room decor.