Monday, May 23, 2011

Project Flip- Part Two

I am in love with my new craft room! We flipped it with the guest bedroom (in the post below) last weekend and I just want to hang out in here! The sunlight is wonderful and the pops of color make me happy! I bought new curtains and picture frames for this room, but everything else is from the smaller craft room. It doesn't have to cost money to look new- just move things around!

This is the wall to the right of the entrance. The closet door is covered with a shoe rack that is filled with tulle, paint brushes, mod podge and more! My create letters are here.
The china cabinet was featured months ago- we bought it on Craigslist for $100 and fixed it up with paint and wrapping paper! She holds so much for me including pretty books in the glass shelves and boring things like envelopes and shipping tape in the drawers and lower cabinets.
Behind my desk (really just a dining room table!) is my console, big Ballard Designs beloved bulletin board (a bonus purchase 6 years ago!) and my homemade shutter notecard holder.
Just inside the entrance, opposite the china cabinet, is one of my low profile bookcases. It is filled with scrapbook albums, stamps, inks, and notecards. My perfectly matching storage boxes are stored here and on the other bookcase by the window. The spinner on top and the white lazy susan are Pottery Barn Kids purchases from years ago. I love them both! The platter, is a simple chalkboard paint project.
Next to the bookcase is my zebra chair. It was another Craiglist find! I wanted a cozy little corner in case I wanted to read a craft magazine! I need to find a fun ottoman for this corner!
I'm so grateful my husband agreed to move my fancy lighting- this room has taller ceilings and it fits in here perfectly! I think lime green shades would also be fun in here! And, it I was able to spend more money on this redo- a bright green ceiling would be in my plans!
Finally, the new additions! My Delta Girl frames are perfect for the wall between the windows that you see when you first walk into the room. And, thanks to my sewing Momma, I have buffalo check curtains to pretty up my windows. Her poor overworked sewing machine died during the second curtain. Luckily she owns more than one, so I'll have a new curtain for the window above next weekend!
Thanks for visiting my new room! I hope lots of fun new projects are inspired out of this room! I know I'm inspired to do more in here!