Friday, February 21, 2014

Parmesan Honey Pork Roast

 A few nights back I took a glorious Sunday nap. My daughter and husband were on a bike riding adventure and dinner was in the crockpot. It was my kind of Sunday. I woke up about 5:30 and checked my phone and found a text from my friend Morgan asking about our dinner plans. I told her sorry we couldn't meet up we had a roast in the crock pot. And then, I did something crazy.... I told them to come on over. You see, I am not spontaneous. I have people over for dinner, but I invite them, put it on the calendar, follow up, plan the full meal, etc. I most certainly don't try out a new recipe and have a dirty house to boot! This was super last minute for me, as in come over in 30 minutes. And you know what, it was real life and it was fun!


I am so glad this turned out to be good! This roast was a first for me, but it won't be the last! I should have known I could trust Six Sisters- I have always loved their recipes. 



Here are a couple of minor changes that I made to the recipe found here:

I used my yummy frozen basil cubes rather than buying dried basil.

Mine cooked in 3 hours on high.

I didn't remove the juices and thicken them with cornstarch. We just poured them over the meat straight from the crockpot.

I also whipped up a last minute Rustic Cobbler because I always have ingredients for it on hand... I bet you do too!